(April 1, 2021)
In this section, you will find information about COVID-19 and its impact on the Camino. The situation is still complicated. The map above lists the departments of the Vézelay Route impacted by health measures.
For Spain, we have been informed by the Association Pyrénées-Atlantiques that travel to this country is not recommended until the beginning of May and that a negative PCR test will be requested. You can call them for more details on 05 59 37 05 09.
In the meantime, you can consult the following websites for additional information:
- In France, pilgrim hostels, private addresses (‘pilgrims-for-pilgrims’), B&B, hotels, campsites, etc. are allowed to receive guests, if health rules are respected.
The official information on this can be found at: Légifrance (see: "Titre 4, Chapitre 3") and Service Public France (both websites in French only).
- French government: Informations Coronavirus (in French and English)
- GOV.UK: Foreign travel advice – France
- Confraternity of Saint James (London): COVID-19 Camino updates
- Travel.State.Gov: COVID-19 Traveler Information
- American pilgrims on the Camino: COVID-19: What You Should Know
- The blog Santiago in love also provides a lot of information on the arrangements made both in France and Spain.
On our digital map you will find the most recent information about accommodation along the route.
Hopefully we can get back on the road this year. Until then: stay healthy!