(September 20, 2021)
In this section, you will find information about COVID-19 and its impact on the Camino.
From 3 May, there are no more travel restrictions within France. Since yesterday the cafes and restaurants are open again.
In Spain, the situation is more complicated because each province can supplement the national guidelines. On this map you will find the most important measures related to the Camino Francés. For more information, you can contact the pilgrim's office in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port: tel. (+33) (0) 5 59 37 05 09.
In the meantime, you can consult the following websites for additional information:
- In France, pilgrim hostels, private addresses (‘pilgrims-for-pilgrims’), B&B, hotels, campsites, etc. are allowed to receive guests, if health rules are respected.
The official information on this can be found at: Légifrance (see: "Titre 4, Chapitre 3") and Service Public France (both websites in French only).
- French government: Informations Coronavirus (in French and English)
- GOV.UK: Foreign travel advice – France
- Confraternity of Saint James (London): COVID-19 Camino updates
- Travel.State.Gov: COVID-19 Traveler Information
- American pilgrims on the Camino: COVID-19: What You Should Know
- The blog Santiago in love also provides a lot of information on the arrangements made both in France and Spain.
On our digital map you will find the most recent information about accommodation along the route.
Hopefully we can get back on the road this year. Until then: stay healthy!