On the left you will find the Vézelay Route (red dotted line) and the facilities along that route (purple circles). By zooming in on the map you will find accommodation (maroon and red symbols), train stations (green) and other facilities (blue).
The maroon symbols refer to pilgrim hostels (by Confraternities of Saint James, municipalities, religious institutions and private persons) and home hospitality.
The red symbols refer to general accommodation (B&B, hotels, campsites, etc.).
You will find more information about, for example, an accommodation if you click on the corresponding symbol. Please report any errors via the 'feedback' option.
Here you can download files that can be opened via an app on your smartphone:
- KML file (Maps.me) (July 1, 2020)
- KML file (Google Earth) (July 1, 2020)
- GPX file (Garmin) (July 1, 2020)
- GPX file (GPXViewer) (July 1, 2020)
- GPX file (OSMand) (July 1, 2020)
- GPX file (ViewRanger) (July 1, 2020)
Map updated on July 31 2020.
You can drag the map and view the map in full screen
Covid info (July 31, 2020)
The pilgrim routes are open again, but not all accommodation. See the map for more information:
- gray marker = the accommodation is still closed, remains closed, or: situation still unknown.
- maroon or red marker = the accommodation is open.
Click on a marker for more information. Attention:
- book in time, also because there are often fewer places available this year.
- the map contains the latest information; the GPX / KML files (opposite) are modified less frequently.
- Vézelay Route 'Via Lemovicensis', edition 2020 (PDF) (13 Jan 2020), by: Dutch Association of Saint James. This guide covers the main variants, via Nevers and via Bourges, and the variants via Augy and Bergerac.
- Vézelay Route (background information) (PDF) (March 2019), by: Arno Cuppen. Article published in the eBulletin of the Confraternity of Saint James (London).
- Facilities, edition 2020 (PDF) (July 31, 2020), by: Dutch Association of Saint James. This overview of facilities along the Vézelay Route is linked to the guide above.
Guidebooks (in French):
Vézelay is an important junction: pilgrim roads from Paris, the Netherlands and Belgium, Germany and Switzerland come together here. Unfortunately there are no guides in English. (For guides in other languages see the French, German and Dutch pages of this portal).
If you travel by train or bus to Vézelay: travel information.
On foot from the Sermizelles-Vézelay railway station to Vézelay (9 km): directions.